SEARCH NOW:
by title by author

Search This Blog

11.01.2007

My Near Death Experience

After my near death experience, I am happy to say I am still alive. Here is the story. I’ve been having really bad pains on the left side of my lower abdomen. They became so bad I decided to take myself to the emergency room. I was thinking, “Oh God, what is wrong with me. I want children. Is there something wrong with my body? What is it?” Yes, I was extremely paranoid. So after waiting and waiting, I was finally seen. I explained the problem and the doctor decided to give me an ultrasound. So we did that. He explained that I had an ovarian tumor. I’m thinking, “Oh Dear Lord, I have cancer. I am only 27. I won’t be able to have children. I’m going to have to have surgery. Get this thing out of me!” Well, needless to say the next day I scheduled an appointment with an OB GYN. I visited them today. He looked at the disk of my ultrasound and said I was fine. I’m ovulating and the pain is something I have to learn to deal with. He did ask if was trying to have children and now is a good time to do it, even though I am in so much pain. I do have a prescribed pain medicine but it still hurts. I am so miserable. I feel like ripping this bad boy out of me. Oh, the doctor said the ‘tumor’ talk is er stuff.

1 comment:

  1. oh no! i had fibroids that were taking over my life, and would hurt whenever i had my cycle and caused other pains outside of that time. i was able to get them removed and not compromise my child bearing abilities. i hope they help you to cope with the tumor. that really sucks.. stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete

Erika loves comments!

Erika's View Blog Archive a.k.a Memory Lane